Today we went grocery shopping and guess what I found? Coke in a glass bottle! Instantly my mind took me back to when I was 6 and I drank soda from glass bottles and collected the bottle caps in a shoebox. Good times. Oh how I have been longing for the days when soda came in a thick bottle that stayed so cold that you could see the condensation on the bottle. Mmm...frosty cold goodness.
So where did I find this frosty cold goodness? In the Mexican food section of the grocery store of all places. The bottle says "Hecho in Mexico" and has a label with nutrition facts in Spanish. As soon as I saw it I had to had to have it!
I put the bottle in the snow when we got home so it would be nice and cold by lunch time. And when lunch arrived the ice-cold Coca-cola was everything I knew it would be - cold, refreshing and delicious!
I had to share with Colleen because she didn't get one of her own and the boys were shocked that I was drinking cola because I generally only drink lemonade. I hope I can find more sodas in the thick glass bottles - I'm going to keep this one. Ahh - refresco!
Comments