Chocolate! Get yer chocolate here!

Today I got some Sales experience. Carter has the $1.50 World's Finest chocolate bar fundraiser going on at his school and I took the box of chocolates to work with me. Yes, I was a Chocolate Monger, schleping overpriced chocolate bars to my fellow coworkers.

I asked HR if I could set up a table in the lunchroom at lunch time, but I was promptly turned down. It turns out that prime piece of retail real estate is reserved for Company sponsored sales and functions. I didn't feel bad though; better causes have been denied (even Girl Scout cookies got the big N-O). The silver lining was this policy loophole: I could still ask the people I work with if they want to buy candy bars. So I asked the HR lady if she wanted to buy a candy bar. (Tried to make her buy some chocolate; She told me no, no no.)

Undetered, I asked my fellow cube dwellers if they wanted to buy chocolate. My first sale was closed in short order, and that was all the success I needed to taste. I quickly put together a few signs and deemed myself the "Chocolate Guy" and hung some signs on the outside wall:

With this Marketing display I knew I had to prepare for the throngs of people who would be clamoring into the office for this amazing deal, but what to do when I had to go to meetings (or the restroom for that matter)? I couldn't just leave the franchise to my coworkers. Well, I came up with this sign proving again that necessity is the mother of invention:

Fortunately there were no chocolate emergencys today, but I did sell 31 of 50 chocolate bars and made $46.50 for Carter's school. Just wait until they see me on Monday...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello?? I had a chocolate emergency and no one came. I called but no answer!!!