Last night was Carter's parent teacher conference and the book fair. We bought this way cool book Poor Pluto that happens to be written and illustrated by third-grade students in California. It is about how pluto is not considered a planet anymore and the class blasts off into space and gets pluto and befriends it. A way cute book to buy if you have kiddos.
Okay now that I have done my book review, on to Carter's PTC chat. Carter is doing well. He reads well and does math well. Not that it doesn't surprise me, he does this at home well too. But his handwriting definetly needs improvement. Carter has never been one to want to draw or take time to do his best. He just is not interested. I remember when he was younger I used to think it was just boys or maybe I wasn't doing enough little artsy projects with him??? Then Preston came along and he is Mr. pay attention to detail in the art department!!! I hate to say it but he's better than Carter! But over all, Carter is doing well and I am glad he behaves well in school too. Really, as a parent I think that's really important. To have a kid that behaves well in class.
Tonight KC and I are going on a date. We've been doing that a lot lately! (not complaining- we were long over due). Kind of long story but KC hooked up this girl at his work with his old high school buddy. This should be interesting. I say that because KC and I have been married almost 10 years and have kids. They are the same age, single, no kids. For example, KC's friend calls and asks what we should drive. KC was like, well we have my dumpy old Corolla or the mini van. His friend,"A mini van??!!!!" laughing. Yeah. It's amazing what a few kids will do to ya!
So, we are taking his friend's Monte Carlo and going on a date. We are going to Speed Street, a mini racing track. I have been wanting to do this since I was pregnant with Kate, so I'm excited. I just hope I don't get mommy mouth and talk about kid's poop or something weird, LOL.
KC has been very antsy in his pants over the superbowl. Maybe because the NY GIANTS are playing? We will be watching it this weekend at my parents house on the big screen (ooo yeah!!).

Comments