I admit it. I have a little holiday burnout. Don't get me wrong, we had a fun weekend. We went to my Aunt and Uncle's house for a holiday party Friday. We had lots of great food and KC got to play guitar hero. The grinchies kinda started Saturday. The car wasn't starting, so KC took it to my dad's and they figured it's the alternator so they pulled it out. Then, we had an Elder's Quorum party to go to. I was tired and told KC we should just stay home with the kiddies. He was like, no we need to socialize, so we went. It was fun. Last night, we wen't to my friend Micah's for her son's birthday party. It was good to see some friends I haven't seen in awhile.
But today was a hum bug! We had to wake the kids up early to drop KC off to work. Then, I decided to take them to Burger King's drive thru to buy them some french toast sticks because we are out of their beloved eggo waffles, and I didn't want to hear about it today. We get home and there is one order of french toast sticks instead of two, no syrup, and some hash browns. Fortunatley, I split them and the boys didn't complain. Good thing for Burger King, or they would have Colleen the Grinch on their hands. Grrrr.....
Then, Carter is complaining of not feeling good. He usually doesn't do this, so I believe him. I shove all three kids back in the van and head to the repair shop(I hate doing car stuff alone). They test the alternator. The guy tells me it's too bad to rebuild and we need a new one. "Sorry to tell you that, bad time of year to hear it!" Grrr....
I call KC at work and tell him. Didn't you ask who they recommend for alternators, he asks. Sorry honey. My female mind didn't think to ask. I call back and tell the lady on the phone I was just in and ask who they recommend for new alternators. "Didn't they tell you we sell rebuilt ones?" The lady asks. No they did not. Grrr Grrr Grr....
So they are rebuilding one as we speak. I can come pick it up shortly. It's even a reasonable price. Crisis adverted, I hope. Then, hopefully we can put the car back together tonight and it will be running tomorrow, and my hum bug attitude will subside. Until then.....

Comments